Friday, January 15, 2016

Forever, My Love

Forever, My Love

by Seah Greenhorn
(Poem with copyright)



Flowers
laid premature

pain I fight to endure
as I kneel
my knees
pebbles to bleed
for my heart
to be allowed to feel

whatever it needs
to heal.

Unable to pray
since anger rips aside
sheer layers
I applied

to hide loneliness;
pride;
my right to decide.

Did I choose wisely?
This question crazy
wrong. My logic confused;
hazy.

Desire chose for me
a fireman, an officer of the law,

a boxer
who could rupture
my jaw?

No. I chose you. To follow.
To pursue. To love. To hate

as I now do.
I refused to lose
you.

But you knew how
much I wished
you'd adhere...

Why the need
to text

when I was so near?

If I had married
any of the above
then my future
would have at least
been clear.

Though,
know this I wish
you could hear:

I'll always love
and cherish you,
dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment